The Wedge Asia and Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore are pleased to announce the second annual Green Is The New Black: A Conscious Festival. To be held on Saturday, 22 of October 2016 from 9AM – 9PM at Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore, the festival aims to empower individuals to take positive, meaningful action. As the first festival of its kind in Singapore, Green Is The New Black (GITNB) promotes awareness of how to improve the way we live, work and consume in our daily lives. The idea is to provide knowledge that inspires us to make more conscious decisions. It is a one-day event that fuses the best speakers, change makers, music and brands with mindfulness, the pursuit of happiness, and meaningful connections.
According to Co-Founder of Green Is The New Black, Stephanie Dickson, “We want to bring together truth seekers, change makers and thought leaders across different fields for a one-of a-kind festival that breaks new ground in Singapore. We are developing a feast for the mind and motivation, where you come as one person and leave as another. We started this because we wanted to do something more meaningful and impactful. Having felt like I was going through life on autopilot, and realising how my choices mattered, I decided to take action and made it my mission to help people live more consciously. Green Is The New Black is our answer to kick-start a more conscious lifestyle in Singapore.” Co-Founder of Green Is The New Black, Jerald Lim says “Living consciously is about taking control of your life, thinking about your decisions, the impact they have on you, your surroundings and the environment. It’s about making conscious choices rather than living with the status quo, so that you can have the life that you want, rather than settling for what you’ve got.” “Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore is excited to be working with The Wedge Asia to co-organise Green Is The New Black” says Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore’s General Manager, Vathsala Subramaniam, adding “this is a continuation of our #NextJen campaign which aims to engage with and support the local community, while enriching the overall experience of our own guests. With our Spice Garden, locally supplied café, poolside and other facilities, Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore is ideally suited to hosting such a diverse collection of speakers, change makers and brands – bringing conscious living to guests and locals alike”.
GITNB provides a curated platform to showcase and spotlight mindful local brands and influencers, who are making meaningful change in their industries and doing good in the world. The inaugural event in 2015 included over 40 local brands, attracted over 600 attendees and reached over 1.3 million people digitally. This year, GITNB is going to be bigger and better. There are two major components to the event – the TALKS and the FESTIVAL.
In a snapshot, what goes down:
• Transformational TALKS
• Engaging WORKSHOPS
• Mindful MARKETPLACE with healthy GRUB
• Live music & STAGE
• Epic PARTY
the WORKSHOPS: Engaging and learning through action with lifestyle gurus.
• Educational interactive experiences to get a more in depth understanding of how you can live ‘more green’:
• Sugar vs fat
• Urban gardening
• Terrarium building
• Repairing your clothes the STAGE: Stirring the soul; What is a festival without music?
• Music brings people together, breaks barriers and speaks to the soul.
• A showcase of some of the key movers n’ shakers in the Singapore music scene.
the TALKS: A transformative experience, a feast for your mind and motivation. Come one person, leave another.
• Equipping people with the information and knowledge to change and re-wire their daily habits by taking small actions which will result in big changes.
• A day of inspirational talks, engaging experiences, panel discussions and keynotes around the three tracks:
• Being > Self & Inner Compass – meaningful change starts from within. “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.” – Robert Kiyosaki
• Doing > Working With Purposeful Impact – how we can find purpose and make an impact along the way. “The two most important days of your life, are the day you were born and the day you find out why.” – Carolyn Tate
• Having > Fashion & Consumption – what it means to be sustainable and ethical in today’s world. “Every time you spend money, you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want” – Anna Lappe.
• Sharing experiences by brands and people who have incredible stories on how they were inspired and how they are making a difference. Bringing together leading thought leaders in conscious living and working.
• It’s a place to laugh, learn, discover, connect, hack beliefs, blur the line between life and business, dream big, and get the inspiration to make it happen. the GIVING: Small gestures can make a big difference.
• As part of the festival’s commitment to doing good, they have partnered by with B1G1 to donate a percentage of each TALKS ticket and are encouraging each vendor to contribute part of each transaction to keep young girls in school in Cambodia.
• All flights arranged by the festival will have the carbon emissions offset thanks to Climate Care.
We truly believe that if each and everyone of us was a little more conscious in a few aspects of our lives, we would be happier, healthier and lessen our burden on the planet. Details The event is free to the public, however there is a fee for the TALKS and the WORKSHOPS. Tickets will be available at the official website (www.greenisthenewblack.asia). For all updates guests can log on to the event page (http://tinyurl.com/GITNB2016).