Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Audi will have one of the world’s most impressive festival line-ups of chefs, wine and food personalities for its fifth year, with the announcement of the UK’s favourite TV cook and food writer, Nigella Lawson, as one of the international headlining guests. The best-selling cookbook author will be joined by over 40 of the world’s leading food and wine personalities, including a selection of chefs from the World’s 50 Best Restaurants*, four of whom will head to Western Australia for the first time, including Joan Roca (#2 El Celler de Can Roca, Spain), Mauro Colagreco (#6 Mirazur, France), Andoni Luis Aduriz (#7 Mugaritz, Spain) and Isaac McHale (#26 The Clove Club, UK). In addition, highly acclaimed chefs attending the festival from around the world include Dominique Crenn (Atelier Crenn & Petit Crenn, USA) who was recently named the World’s Best Female Chef 2016 according to the World’s 50 Best Restaurants*. Plus Rick Stein (Chef & Restaurateur, UK), Ashley Palmer-Watts (#45 Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, UK & Melbourne), David Thompson (#37 Nahm, Thailand and Long Chim, Singapore & Perth), Peter Gilmore (Quay & Bennelong, Sydney), Ana Roš (Hiša Franko, Slovenia) and Janice Wong (2am: dessertbar, Singapore) to name a few. Tickets will go on sale at 11am on Friday 22 July (AWST). This year’s line-up will see more fresh faces than ever who together with WA’s finest local chefs including Aaron Carr (Vasse Felix), Seth James (Wills Domain), Colin Anderson (Cullen Wines), Giovanni Di Serio (Asado) and more, will showcase the exceptional ingredients of one of Australia’s most stunning regions, Margaret River in Western Australia.
Influential wine personalities including James Halliday AM (wine writer and winemaker), Joe Czerwinski (wine writer, US) and award winning mixologist Tony Conigliaro (Bar Termini, 69 Colebrook Row, UK) will share their knowledge and educate wine lovers and aficionados with world class wines, beer and exclusively brewed spirits from Western Australia. Once in a lifetime dining experiences with world class talent and produce The range of fresh faces this year sees the addition of new and exciting events, including incredible once in a lifetime dining experiences and chef collaborations with local, national and international chefs, presenting their signature cuisines in stunning wineries and unique locations across the region.
Highlighted events in the programme include:
• Quay to Celler at Cullens – A beautiful table set amongst the vines, glasses of internationally-acclaimed Cullen’s wines and an unforgettable lunch prepared by Joan Roca and Peter Gilmore, two of the World’s Best Chefs, as they join forces with Cullen’s own Colin Anderson for an exquisite meal.
• Local Origins at Vasse Felix presented by Audi – Vasse Felix chef and homegrown talent, Aaron Carr will be joined by Jed Gerrard (Wildflower, Perth) and pop-up curator and forager Paul Iskov (Fervor, WA) to create a menu focusing on the simplicity and flavours of Western Australia’s stunning produce, accompanied by some of the region’s finest wines. This welcome dinner includes a Q&A with headline festival guest Nigella Lawson, hosted by Magdalena Roze.
• Crenn Collaboration at Wills Doman – The brilliance of one of the world’s leading chefs Dominique Crenn will combine with the dynamic talent of rising star Seth James, head chef at Wills Domain. This creative duo will deliver a dining experience like no other in the winery’s prestigious Gunyulgup Valley restaurant overlooking rolling vine-covered hills.
• Voyage to Dinner presented by Singapore Airlines- Working with the renowned Voyager Estate chefs, Ashley Palmer-Watts brings his produce-driven cooking and his unique focus on British culinary history into play for an exclusive dining event accompanied by premium Voyager Estate wines. The evening will end on a sugar high as Singaporean dessert chef Janice Wong from 2am: dessertbar will be bringing her cutting edge creations to the table.
• Steins in the Vines at Evans and Tate – Cookbook author, television broadcaster and seafood master Rick Stein will be joined by his executive chef, son Jack Stein, as they partner with one of the region’s most well-known wineries, Evans and Tate, for a memorable seafood focused family feast using the best catch from local waters, complemented by the winery’s premium wines.
• An Audience with Nigella at Voyager Estate- After sipping superb Voyager Estate wines and enjoying abundant canapés, take your seats to learn about Nigella’s cooking inspiration as well as her kitchen secrets.
Favourite events returning will include the refreshed Audi Gourmet Beach BBQs; Feast in the Forest at the Safari Club at Leeuwin Estate; Fraser Gallop Estate Long Lunch & Sundown Soiree; Shorehouse aboard Kimberley Quest II; Cape Mentelle International Cabernet Tasting and Long Lunch; Augusta Seafood Discovery Lunch and Brunch with the Best at Voyager Estate to name a few. A visit to the festival is not complete without a visit to the Gourmet Village, located in the stunning surrounds of the renowned Leeuwin Estate Winery which comes alive with a vast offering of cooking demonstrations, hands on master-classes, thought provoking food and wine conversations, live music and book signings. The impressive line-up of chefs and wine experts will join artisan producers, winemakers and brewers as they meet, greet and educate visitors in the world of food and wine.
Full programme available at www.gourmetescape.com.au
Event Details Dates: 18 – 20 November 2016
Tickets available through Ticketek from 11am 22 July (AWST) www.ticketek.com.au/gourmetescape
Singapore Travel Packages available from:
• Singapore Airlines • Farmosa Travel • Wel Travel • Blue Travel • Chan Brothers
Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Audi is a unique opportunity to discover wondrous produce, taste world-renowned wines and meet internationally celebrated chefs, food producers and winemakers amongst the extraordinary natural beauty of the Margaret River region. Since its inception in 2012, the festival has already welcomed over 115 of the world’s most influential chefs, food and wine influencers to the region and over 60,000 passionate food and wine loving visitors.
This year will see over 40 culinary superstars from around the world including Nigella Lawson, Joan Roca, Dominique Crenn, Mauro Colagreco, Rick Stein and more who will share their knowledge and passion across an abundance of mesmerising food encounters to celebrate the festival’s 5th anniversary.
Margaret River is ranked among the world’s most famous wine regions, home to 217 vineyards and 187 wineries. Located a leisurely three hour drive south of Perth, this extraordinary destination has gained a fan club of culinary influencers who’ve fallen in love with the region’s unique offering. Boasting arguably the best beaches in the world, coastal ‘cape to cape’ walking tracks, ancient caves, tall tree forests, cultural experiences, world-renowned surfing breaks and spectacular wine and dining experiences – Margaret River is a destination you need to experience for yourself to understand its magic.
Additional photocredits : https://www.facebook.com/GourmetEscape/