On the heels of a highly successful multi-city tour and run on Broadway, the world’s best-selling touring magic show, THE ILLUSIONISTS – LIVE FROM BROADWAY™ (http://www.theillusionistslive.com), will play at the MasterCard Theaters in Singapore from 6 to 15 May as part of a 45 city worldwide tour. Produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson and MagicSpace Entertainment. Conceived by Simon Painter, the show’s creative team also includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, THE ILLUSIONISTS has shattered box office records worldwide and thrilled audiences of all ages with a mind-blowing spectacular showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth.
Creative Producer Simon Painter said, “We can’t wait to bring this electrifying show to Singapore for a truly entertaining experience for the whole family. THE ILLUSIONISTS is the most non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on the live stage.”
The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
- The Master Magician, Luis De Matos is without question, the most respected and distinguished Portugese magician of all time. He is renowned for pushing the boundaries of what is possible in stage illusion. His combination of spectacular grand-scale illusion, mentalism and cutting-edge video techniques makes him truly, one of a kind.
- The Clairvoyants, Thommy Ten and Amelie van Tass are innovative young celebrities in the world of mentalism. Their ability to read an audience’s thoughts makes them gasp in astonishment. These European shooting starts have won international awards and have just returned from a six month engagement in America where they performed over 300 shows.
- The Eccentric, Charlie Frye and his wife Sherry for the last 20 odd years (some odder than others) have been delighting audiences worldwide with their singular blend of silent comedy, magic, juggling, slapstick and acrobatics. Charlie is often compared to Charlie Chaplin, Stan Laurel or Dick Van Dyke and has appeared before distinguished audiences such as the Royal Family of Monaco, or prestigious appearances such as opening for Liza Minnelli or a featured appearance in Tom Hank’s film, That Thing You Do.
- The Manipulator, Hyun Jon Kim hails from Korea and is regarded as one of the most masterful sleight of hand artists in the world. His interest in magic began at age 12 and his extreme talent was very quickly recognized in the Korean magic community after winning multiple awards at competitions.
- The Enigma, Sam Powers fell in love with magic at age three and at five was amazing his own school teachers, by fifteen he made his first appearance on national TV and at eighteen earned the coveted title of Australian “Magician of the Year’. At twenty-two, he became the youngest Australian to ever successfully vanish and reproduce a real sports car live on stage, just meters away from the audience.
- The Alchemist Leonardo Bruno was born into magic and is in his blood. His grandfather, Leonardo Trebole is one of the most important magicians in Mexico. He competed as a child in magic festivals within the US and when he was 7 won a prize in the history of TOAM.
- The Escapologist, Krendl has performed over 1,200 shows in 12 years and was voted ‘best in show’ for the past 3 years at the Magic Theatre. He started entertaining through magic at age 10 and by 12 was performing regularly. From his humble beginnings as a child performing magic, he was fascinated with Houdini’s most infamous escapes. The challenge of doing things that are said to be impossible, has been the true heart and soul behind all of his work.
Season : From 6 – 15 May 2016
Venue : Sands Theatre, MasterCard Theatres at Marina Bay Sands
Dates : Friday 7:30pm , Saturday: 2:00pm and 7:30pm, Sunday: 1:00pm and 6:00pm
www.BASEentertainmentasia.com, www.MarinaBaySands.com/ticketing or www.sistic.com.sg http://www.theillusionistslive.com/